What is a Nebraska Third Party Driving Exam Administrator Surety Bond?
Nebraska Third Party Driving Exam Administrators, more commonly known as third party testers, are required to post a $25,000 surety bond with the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (NDMV) before obtaining their certification. Once certified, the third party tester is authorized to conduct the driving skills examination for the issuance of the Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for a fee in the state of Nebraska.
Per Title 247 – Chapter 8 of the Nebraska Administrative Code, this surety bond provides protection against fraudulent tests being administered by the third party tester or examiner. The bond will cover the cost of retaking the test if the CDL applicant is tested fraudulently. If a valid claim is filed against the bond, the surety company will pay out up to the penal sum of the bond to resolve the claim. The principal (third party tester) is then required to reimburse the surety for all monies paid out.
What is required to become certified as a third party tester?
- Name, phone number and address of the tester’s Nebraska headquarters or principal office
- Name, title, phone number, address and email address of applicant’s contact person
- Name, date of birth, driver’s license number, email address, phone number and home address of full-time employees who are certified by the DMV as third party examiners
- Address of location applicant intends to conduct testing
- Description of route to be used for testing.
- Completed third party tester agreement with the DMV
- Completed application with a $100 application fee
- $25,000 surety bond
How much will my Nebraska Third Party Driving Exam Administrator Surety Bond cost?
Pacific Surety is proud to offer a variety of approvals regardless of credit, with rates as low at 1% annually for qualifying applicants. The process typically takes just a few hours for a quote, and we have the ability to beat any competitors pricing. If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact our knowledgeable underwriting staff.
- Title 247 – Chapter 8 Nebraska Administrative Code
- Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles
- Commercial Driver License Third Party Tester Bond
Surety Bond Name
Third Party Driving Exam Administrator Surety Bonds – Nebraska
$25,000Request a Free Quote