What is an Arizona Telephonic Seller Surety Bond?
In the State of Arizona, telephonic sellers are required to register with the Secretary of State before they can legally conduct business. Telephonic selling refers to any voice communication directed to a telephone number in Arizona from a live operator, announcing device or other means of offering merchandise for sale or rent.
As part of the registration process, a $100,000 surety bond must be filed with the Secretary of State. An Arizona Telephonic Seller Surety Bond guarantees that the principal (telephone solicitor) operates their business in accordance with Title 44, Chapter 9, Article 6 of the Arizona Revised Statutes. Unlawful acts according to this statute include:
- Blocking caller ID when contacting customers
- Calling someone who has previously stated they do not want to receive calls from the seller
- Intentionally making calls to a mobile or telephone paging device
- Making a telephone call to any residential telephone using an artificial or prerecorded voice to deliver a message
If damages occur due to the principal breaking any of the regulations in the statutes, the surety will pay out up to the penal sum of the bond to resolve the claim. The principal is then required to reimburse the surety for all monies paid out, including any attorney fees incurred.
What are the terms of the bond?
Arizona Telephonic Seller Surety Bond are continuous in nature and remain in full force and effect until canceled. The surety may cancel the bond for any reason by giving sixty (60) days advanced written notice, via certified mail, to the obligee and principal.
The surety is liable for damages for an act or omission during the time the bond is in effect. No claims can be made against the bond more than four years after the act or omission on which the suit is based, and the bond may be sued upon in successive actions until the full amount is exhausted.
How much will my bond cost?
Pacific Surety is proud to offer a variety of approvals regardless of credit for Arizona Telephonic Seller Surety Bonds, with rates as low as $1,000 annually for well qualified applicants. The process typically takes just a few hours for a quote, and we have the ability to beat any competitors pricing. If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact our knowledgeable underwriting staff.
- Arizona Telephone Solicitation Bond
- Arizona Telephonic Seller Registration Application
- Arizona Secretary of State – Telephonic Seller Registration Page
- Arizona Revised Statutes – Title 44, Chapter 9, Article 6 (Telephone Solicitation Law)
Surety Bond Name
Telephonic Seller Surety Bonds (Telemarketing Surety Bonds) – Arizona
$100,000Request a Free Quote