Under Section 69-19-9 of the Mississippi Code, anyone applying for a Pest Control License with the Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce must supply a surety bond. The minimum bond amount is $5,000, and it cannot exceed $10,000. Additionally, a certificate of insurance must be provided with a minimum of $100,000 per occurrence and an annual aggregate of $200,000 for all occurrences. Both the bond and certificate of insurance must have the same expiration date. The insurance coverage needs to include pollution and contamination, property damage, personal injury, and errors and omissions. This surety bond guarantees that the operator will handle the pesticides appropriately and follow all laws and regulations of Mississippi.
The following license categories have both bonding and insurance requirements in Mississippi:
- Wood Destroying Insect Control (WDI)
- Control of Pests of Utility Poles (UPL)
- General Pest and Rodent Control (GRC)
- Mosquito and Biting Fly Control (MBF)
- Horticultural Pest Control (HCP)
- Orchard Pest Control (ORP)
- Domestic Animal Pest Control (DAP)
- Fumigation Pest Control (FUM)
- Agricultural Pest Control (AGP)
Pacific Surety offers industry low rates and can obtain approvals for almost all credit situations. Once our simple application has been completed, we can have pricing to you within hours. If you have any specific questions, please contact our knowledgeable underwriting staff.
Surety Bond Name
Pest Control Surety Bonds – Mississippi
VariesRequest a Free Quote