A home inspector in the state of Arizona is defined as anyone who makes a visual inspection of a residential building of four units or less, and provides a written report detailing their inspection and any components of the home that require major repairs. Any person who wishes to conduct business as a home inspector in Arizona must become certified through the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration (BTR). To become certified, home inspectors must:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old
- Be of good moral character
- Have passed within 2 years preceding the application a written examination that meets the competency standards recommended by the home inspector rules and standards committee
- Have passed a course of study that meets the standards recommended by the home inspector rules and standards committee
- Pay a fee as determined by the board and for initial certification shall provide to the board evidence of having a valid fingerprint clearance card
- Not have had a certificate denied or revoked pursuant to this chapter within one year immediately preceding the application.
- Have received an absolute discharge from sentence at least five years before the application if the person has been convicted of one or more felonies, provided the board determines the applicant is of good moral character and repute.
Additionally, the home inspector is required to post a $25,000 surety bond with the BTR within sixty (60) days of certification or before their first fee-based inspection. This surety bond guarantees the inspector will comply with all regulations for home inspectors, as outlined in Title 32 – Chapter 1 of the Arizona Revised Statutes, and protects individuals from financial harm due to the failure of the inspector to perform the home inspection or related activities in accordance with the law.
Pacific Surety is proud to offer industry low rates starting at $250 annually for well-qualified applicants and quick turnaround time for your Arizona Home Inspector Surety Bonds. Feel free to complete our simple application to obtain an approval within hours. If you have any specific questions, please contact our knowledgeable underwriting staff.
Surety Bond Name
Home Inspector Surety Bonds (Inspection Agency Surety Bonds) – Arizona
$25,000Request a Free Quote