In Oklahoma, there are statewide bonding requirements for certain contractor classifications. In addition to the statewide requirements, there are also several cities throughout the state that have adopted bonding requirements of their own. The purpose of Contractor License Surety Bonds is to act as protection for the city/county/state or any individual conducting business with the contractor. If the contractor doesn’t follow all applicable rules and regulations, or doesn’t adhere to the terms of the contract, a claim may be filed against the bond. All monies paid out by the surety company must be reimbursed by the principal (contractor).
Below is a list of the most common Oklahoma contractor license bonds and amounts:
- Fence Contractor: $1,000 Bond
- Sidewalk Contractor: $2,000 Bond
- Sign Contractor: $5,000 Bond
City of Tulsa
- Sprinkler Contractor: $2,500 Bond
- Sidewalk and Driveway Contractor: $5,000 Bond
- Concrete Contractor: $5,000 Bond
City of Enid
- Contractor Bond: $10,000 Bond
- Electrical Bond: $5,000 Bond
- Plumbing Contractor: $5,000 Bond
- Mechanical Contractor: $5,000 Bond
It is recommended that you contact your specific municipality or licensing department to verify requirements and bond amounts prior to bonding.
Pacific Surety offers industry low rates and can obtain approvals for almost all credit situations. Once our simple application has been completed, we can have pricing to you within hours. If you have any specific questions, please contact our knowledgeable underwriting staff.