Part of California Vehicle Code (CVC) Section 1685 allows private industry partners to process vehicle registrations and titling transactions, also known as the Business Partner Automation Program (BPA). Some of the benefits of the program include full year registration renewals, registration owner transfers, duplicate titles, issue exempt license plates and new vehicle reports of sale.
The type of business partner license being applied for dictates the services that can be provided and the amount of the surety bond required:
- First-Line Business Partner: A partner who receives information from the Department of Motor Vehicles and uses it to complete registration and titling activities for that partner’s own business purposes – Bond Amount $650,000
- First Line Service Provider: A partner who receives information from the Department of Motor Vehicles and transmits it to another authorized business partner for registration processing – Bond Amount $1,000,000
- Second-Line Business Partner: A partner that receives information from a First-Line Service Provider – Bond Amount Range from $10,000 – $50,000
Second-Line Business Partners are the most common type and include salvage pools, dismantlers, vehicle leasing companies, vehicle rental companies, as well as new and used vehicle dealer and registration services. The application for Second-Line Business Partners can be found here. In additional to the application, you must submit:
- Security Pre-Implementation Checklist
- Personal History Questionnaire
- DOJ Fingerprints For Each Employee
Pacific Surety offers industry-low rates and can obtain approvals for almost all credit situations. Once our simple application has been completed, we can have pricing to you within hours. If you have any specific questions, please contact our knowledgeable underwriting staff.
Surety Bond Name
Business Partner Automation Surety Bonds – California
VariesRequest a Free Quote